Move It or Lose It – Dancing in Retirement
This 4-week class will explore ballroom-style cued dancing as a retirement hobby.
- Low-impact exercise, good for the mind, good for the body
- Build and maintain balance
- Re-connect with your partner
- Meet new friends
- Have fun!
Classes are on Thursday afternoons – no need to drive at night
- Small, intimate classes (max 6 couples). So, space is very limited – please call us at (916) 467-9270 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
- Low-key, low-pressure. Relax. Enjoy. See if it’s for you.
Why choose Cued Ballroom over Traditional Ballroom?
- Easier to learn, easier to do
- Much less expensive – all lessons are group lessons and they’re only $15/couple.
- Professional choreography makes it more fun – no boring, repetitive sequences. Just listen to the music, do what the cuer says, and, voilà, you’re dancing!
- Learn more about Cued Ballroom at cuedballroomdance.com or watch the video
What if I decide it’s not for me?
- No problem. There’s no hard sell here. We don’t own a studio. We don’t teach private lessons. We don’t sell long-term contracts. We’re just enthusiastic about Cued Ballroom dancing and eager to show people our wonderful activity.
- Along the way, we’ll teach you an easily memorized sequence of 6-8 closely-related steps that you can use in any social dance situation – wedding, cruise, etc. So, you’ll have something to take with you when you’re done, either way.
- It’s only a 4-week commitment, so what have you got to lose?
But there’s more to our program than just cuing!
- Cuing is a wonderful teaching tool, and a great way to enjoy dancing. But cuing isn’t the only thing that makes our program special!
- The class sequence has been carefully chosen to minimize the number of step patterns while maximizing dancer enjoyment and visual impact.
- The sequence uses a consistent beat pattern. Every step follows this same pattern. No exceptions. This is essential in developing your rhythm skills.
- Lots of practice time. It’s all about building muscle memory. And, since the steps are so closely related, the muscle memory you build for one step helps with the next!
- We’ll guide you every step of the way. Each step is announced as it comes up (the “cuing”), so you don’t have to think about what comes next. You just focus on the beat and the feet, and leave the driving to us!
- Incremental Improvement. We won’t throw a bunch of complicated stuff at you at the beginning. Learn the basics, then refine it. Repeat until you’re happy with the result. We call it “KISS” – Keep It Simple to Start
- Couples dance together. We’ll never ask you to swap partners. Learn with the person you plan to dance with!
- But singles are welcome, too! You don’t really need a partner – the cuer is your partner!
Read our “Five keys to success” here
We welcome anyone who would like to learn how to dance, but we’d like to extend a special welcome to those who have tried elsewhere and had a less-than-positive experience. We wish to assure you that you’ll have a much better experience with us.
You can do this!